ARRIVAL: We ask that you plan your arrival Sunday and no later than 3pm if possible so you can settle-in before you start Monday morning.
The farm is located on the North Shore, roughly 40 miles from the Honolulu Airport. On some occasions, airport pickups and drop offs may be coordinated depending on the availability of our farm crew and for a fee of $20 per person to cover gas etc. WOOFers must communicate with staff via phone or email to coordinate flight information and a pick up schedule.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Sleeping bag
- Base/ground tarp (farm can provide if you want to travel light)
- Work clothes: long pants and t-shirts that can get muddy ( you will be working in all weather conditions, we would suggest work clothes for both warm and cold weather)
- Work boots: comfortable and closed toed ( we recommend rubber rain/waterproof boots as it is often wet and muddy)
- Flash light and/or headlamp
- Light weight rain poncho/ pants
- Your favorite garden tools and books
- Garden gloves (farm can provide if you want to travel light)
- Non-DEET mosquito spray
- Day pack (for island ventures)
- Light cotton clothing (for comfort in heat)
- Suggested items to bring: pocket knife, drawing supplies, laptop computer, musical instrument, etc. (Note: Pack light, if you find you need something upon arrival we have great thrift stores in the area.)