Other ways to support our CSA:
- COMPOSTING. We currently work with Sunset Beach Elementary to compost their school lunch food scraps - turning this "waste" into soil and diverting it from our local dump. If you are not currently composting at home we want to help, we have 5 gallon buckets available for you to take home and fill up and return to the farm. Fresh food will feed our chickens and remaining scraps will feed our soil. We can get you on a weekly drop-off/pick-up schedule by stopping by during our CSA Mondays (2-5:30 pm).
- SHARE YOUR BACKYARD ABUNDANCE AND SKILLS. We love celebrating our community! Share your backyard produce, passions and talents. To coordinate a drop-off and trade, inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Waihuena Farm Co-op" in the subject line. We often have fish, portobello mushrooms, and other local goodies.
- STARTERS AND CONSULTATION FOR BACKYARD GARDEN. We aspire to offer more backyard garden soil amendments and starters. Stop by our Monday farmstand to inquire about what we may have to offer at this time.
- Farm newsletter: Join our weekly e-newsletter to learn about upcoming farm events and workshops by emailing us at: email@example.com. We host potlucks the first Monday of the month which often showcases local talent and knowledge from our CSA members and community. Recent features have included a beekeeping demo by Katie M. and Hawaiiʻs Bluegrass Band.
- See our Farm News & Event section for more info on our First Monday of the Month potlucks and other community offerings.